Lentil Meatballs with Carrot Noodles
Hey hey hey! I came across this recipe and thought I’d give it a try and share it with you guys. I have been slacking on my veggie intake lately so I tried these Lentil Meatballs with some Carrot Noodles.
INGREDIENTS- LENTIL MEATBALLS
These meatballs are so good. The lentils are so hearty and filling that you won’t even miss the “meat”. Cooked lentils are combined with eggs, breadcrumbs and seasonings just as you would when preparing meatballs. The resulting consistency is pliable and able to be formed into balls. In the event that they start breaking apart while forming them, go ahead and wet your hands lightly with some water.
They are then browned and baked until nice and firm and the eggs are cooked through. Since the lentils are already cooked, the baking time is not too long. Store bought marinara sauce is just fine to top things off.
INGREDIENTS- CARROT NOODLES
Lately there’s been a surge in the “veggie noodle” arena and I’ve been meaning to try my hand at it. Carrot noodles are pretty easy and straightforward and can be dressed up or down to your preference. Use a vegetable peeler to make strips then cook in boiling water for 2-3 mins. Yes! Just like that and the co-star for dinner is underway.
Enjoy the recipe!
- 1 Cup Cooked Lentils
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Tbs Garlic Powder
- Salt to taste
- Pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- Pinch Black Pepper
- 2 Tbs oil
- 4 Carrots
- 3 Cups water
- 1 Tbs Salt
- PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees. Cook lentils in water along with seasonings (salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic powder) until tender but not soggy.
- DRAIN lentils and let cool. When cooled, add to food processor along with breadcrumbs and egg. Pulse until combined. The mixture should now be the consistency of ground meat.
- FORM meatballs using 1 tbs of the mixture for each one. Heat oil in a skillet and brown meatballs on each side. Place on a lined baking tray and bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
- MEANWHILE, prepare the noodles by bringing 3 cups of water to a rolling boil and season with salt.
- PEEL entire carrot using a vegetable peeler (including skin and carrot meat) into thin strips.
- COOK carrots in boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- SERVE carrot noodles with marinara sauce then meatballs on top.