Welcome spring! I love spring time since it’s so bright and colorful. As part of a collaboration, some fellow bloggers and I are featuring a few dishes that are perfect to enjoy for the spring season. They include ingredients that you are sure to enjoy at their peak of freshness. Oh! the recipes also pay homage to popular holidays in the culinary world, so celebrate with us. I’m sharing Smoked Turkey Neck Soup.
This is a simple and easy broth that you can enjoy even though it’s sunny out. By including popular spring vegetables such as carrots and celery, along with a splash of citrus, this Smoked Turkey Neck Soup is a perfect Saturday evening meal.
Enjoy the recipes below!
- 1 lb Smoked Turkey Neck
- 2 Potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 2 Carrots (peeled and diced)
- 1 Celery Stalk (diced)
- 1 Tbs Green Seasoning
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 4 Cups Water
- Salt & Pepper
- In a large pot, add water and smoked turkey neck pieces. Bring to a boil and skin any fat that floats to the top. Reduce to medium-low heat and let turkey neck pieces cook until tender (about 3 hrs).
- Remove meat and set aside to cool. Add seasonings and vegetables to the turkey broth and cook through until tender; about 1hr.
- Remove the meat from turkey pieces when cooled. Add meat and lemon juice half way through cooking vegetables.
Brown Girl Lemonade| A taste of Kay| National World Whisky Day
Cinnabon Waffles| My Forking Life| National Waffle Day
Smoked Cheddar Jalapeno Bacon Dip| Stay Snatched| National Chips and Dip Day
Spinach Ravioli with Ricotta Bacon Filling| Biscuits and Savvy| National Ravioli Day