Garlicky Skillet Potatoes
I’ve been working on some one pot meals lately and this is the first of many. These garlicky skillet potatoes are for sure the best I’ve ever had.
INGREDIENTS- GARLICKY SKILLET POTATOES
Anyone who knows me would find it strange m enjoying this recipe. I was never a fan of garlic- nothing close to the scent of garlic could have touched my lips. They say the more you know the more you grow and that is definitely the case with me. I have found ways of making ingredients that I never once enjoyed, work in my favour. I am afterall going to be a Chef, so familiarizing myself with as many ingredients as possible is a must.
What I love about this recipe is that everything is done in one vessel- my trusty ole cast iron skillet. If you don’t have a skillet that is fine, you can just use any skillet that you own as long as it’s oven safe. If you don’t have an oven safe skillet, you can transfer the potatoes to a baking dish when you get to step 5. The process starts off with sauteing chopped garlic in butter. This takes the raw edge off the garlic and also adds flavour to the butter. Sliced potatoes are then tossed and coated in this flavourful butter and then baked until tender.
The end result is an amazingly fragrant side dish that is slightly creamy and decadent.
Enjoy the recipe!
- 4 Small Potatoes or 2 Cups (sliced thin)
- 3 Tbs Butter
- 3 Cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 3/4 Cup Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees. Peel and slice potatoes thin.
- HEAT skillet and melt butter. Saute chopped garlic until fragrant; about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- ADD potatoes to skillet and toss in garlic butter mixture until all are well coated. Arrange neatly in skillet and let brown for 1 minute.
- ADD milk and cream and bring to a boil.
- BAKE covered with foil in oven for 1 hour or until tender and bubbly.