Although corn has no real nutritional value, it is one of those canned foods I always like to keep on hand. Here’s a recipe for an Easy Corn Relish.
A relish is typically a fruit or vegetable that has been either cooked in or covered by a pickled liquid. It adds flavour to plain ole boring dishes or in my case, makes a great snack! With spring around the corner it’s time to add some color and life to your palate…I think this recipe is a good start.
Enjoy the recipe below
- 1 Cup Corn
- 1 Tsp Oil
- 1/2 Tbs Red Onions, chopped
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 Tsp Cayenne
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1/2 Tbs Ketchup
- 1 Tsp White Wine Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- Cilantro, chopped (*see notes)
- Heat oil and cook onions for 2 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes, cayenne pepper and sugar; stir to combine. Reduce heat and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Set aside in a bowl to cool. Once cooled, stir in corn, ketchup, vinegar, salt & pepper. Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- * Before serving, stir in chopped cilantro